
We have been reading the novel, "Friendship according to Humphrey" by Betty Birney for some time now during our interactive red aloud time each day and I was wondering what are your reactions to the text? What characters do you like/dislike, what predictions do you have for Humphrey and his friends, and what have you learned about friendship from the characters in the book? Comment on any or all of these points of discussion. If you have any other comments related to our reading you may post this as well.
14 comments:
My prediction is that the people in the party will say that the magician is not real and they will leave the party.
I like the story because i like hamsters. and it reminds me when my hamster got out of his cage and crawled all around the ground.
A thing that I've leared about friendship is that even know you will get in fights with your friends you will get back together sometime.
In the book Friendship according to Humphrey I likekd the part when Humphrey triked the magician and dug throw the hat and the magician thowt that Humphrey
It was funny when Humphrey bowed on top of the magicians hat.I bet the magician was imbarresed when he found out Humphrey found his way out of the hat.Humphrey does not really understand that magic is a trick.
My favorite character is humphrey because everybody likes him and he is a famous character in the book. I also like him because he tries to get away from problems.
The part where Humphrey made a hole in the magician's hat,was the funniest part in the story.
Aldo was the funniest guy. Aldo asked the student what is a pencil.
I like this story becuse ther is a lot of problims and Humphrey solves all the problims. humphrey is relly asom.
I liked this story because there's so many little problems with all the charicters inclooding Humphrey and they are all ways solved and sometimes Humphrey solves them.
I love Freindship According to Humphrey. It entertains you but at the same time makes you ask what is next.
I really have enjoyed reading "Friendship According to Humphrey". I think that someone will find out about the lock that does not lock later in the story. Humphrey is clever, but not overly clever so he better be careful with the lock. I think that Humphrey will eventually learn how to communicate with Og the frog. Tabitha is finally making friends and I think that she will continue too. I think that that Betty G. Birney did a really good job with this book and will continue to write good books over her life.
I like this book because it is a very funny book and it has lots of friendship.I liked the part when Humphrey chewed his way out of the magicians hat.
I like the part when the magician magically disappeared Humphrey, and made everyone feel that Humphrey was gone.
Post a Comment