Monday, February 25, 2008

Commentary - Time For Kids News

Time For Kids News Today's blogging is about commentary and putting your thoughts on an article or topic of your choice down for everyone to read. What do you wonder about with respect to an article? What is fact and what is opinion within the article? What do you have to say about gray wolves, the year of the rat, or the top five medical reasons students miss school?

Click here to go to the Time For Kids site.

Once on the site, choose one of the short articles of interest to you to read and comment about.

Have fun, but remember to check your writing for proper grammar and spelling before posting it for everyone to see.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Time For Kids News because it has interesting articles. I liked the one on Uno, the first beagle to win the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show held in New York City anually. Uno beat 2,627 other canines before he got the big number 1!

Anonymous said...

Many people believe that the war is uneaded. But if we leave even more attacks would happen, and more people would be lost. This war is needed.

THE IRAQ CONFLICT

Anonymous said...

Five years of war

I think that five years of war is a fact piece. But I wonder if Iraq will start fighting after the six months of cease fire? My dad went to Iraq not during the cease fire though. I wonder when the war will stop?

Anonymous said...

About Gray Wolves

I agree with this opinion because if the gray wolves keep attacking the farms, the farms won't have any more food to grow. Also I agree with this opinion because gray wolves are sometimes dangerous, so if they break free then they can cause a lot of danger. These were my opinions about this subject.

Anonymous said...

UNO
Why would someone name their dog Uno? They might think it's cool but I think it's a bit weird because it's in spanish. And I've wanted a cute Beagle when I was young but we never had one. I think the name Uno is okay but not for a dog or should I say a beagle. I like this article because it is very interesting and I liked reading it because it was a very well writen article.

Anonymous said...

February 8, 2008
It's the Year of the Rat!

It was good that it stopped just in time for the New year!
Phew!

Anonymous said...

Gray wolves
I wonder why the government moved the grey wolves out of the endangered animals list? I don't think even
if the amount of the grey wolves comes back that they should move it off the list. Because of this, now the goverment of america is paying money to get the grey wolves numbers back.

Anonymous said...

Gray Wolves Make a Comeback

I think that the artical was very well written and that it carried very good information. I think that if the farmers start shooting the Gray Wolves again the wolves may become extinct. I would like the animal protection to keep the wolves from getting extinct before farmers or anyone else wipe the wolves!

Anonymous said...

Wolf's are making a comeback


I think they should still protect wolve's because every animal has the same will to live as every other animal including human's as well. In 1940 the human population was two billion people and now in 2008 the population is 7 billion people and is still growing. So I think wolve's also has a right to be not killed and live in peace

Anonymous said...

Amarica's new top dog


Why does someone want to name their dog Uno!
Why did the dog Uno get a 10? I don't know
what the 10 means.
I think the dog Uno came from Spain, but it is
about Amarica's new top dog. I think Uno the dog
came from Spain because Uno is a spanish
name I think.

Anonymous said...

February 22, 2008
Gray Wolves Make a Comeback

I agree and disagree because they are dangerous and they can cause alot problems.I also agree because I feel sorry for the wolves because there getting hunted by us and if I were the wolves I would not wanna be hunted.

Anonymous said...

The Wolves Come Back
When the goverment allowed farmers to poison wolves I did not think it was right. I think that the farmers can kill some wolves to keep themselves working, but not a mass killing. I think
those 700 wolves did not have to die. I think that It is good that the goverment saved some wolves and put it in a national park. I also think it is good that the goverment used 24,000,000 dollars to save the wolves. So I think that it is good that they got off the endangerd list.

Anonymous said...

Famus People

In America 2,000 teens picked these people as most famous besides Presidents and First Ladies.


1. Martin Luther King Jr. 67%

2. Rosa Parks 60%

3. Harriet Tubman 44%

4. Susan B. Anthony 34%

5. Benjamin Franklin 29%

In my country Korea, the most famous person is
LEO SUNSIN. He fought Japan when they came into Korea.

Anonymous said...

I think that what I read makes me say I want to see this movie. I never knew that the man who wrote Ratatouille also wrote the Incredibles. I think this movie sounds amazing. Who ever made this is an amazing writer.

Anonymous said...

I like time for kids because there have many kind of site of many kind of books.And i can search for many kind of book.

Anonymous said...

I think that Time For kids has good articles. I liked the one about the year of the rat. I read that the people born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996 are born in the year of the rat. Since the rat is supposed to like the tiger I wonder if the tiger likes the rat also?

Anonymous said...

I read the the 5 top reasons why kids miss school and that article is alarming! Because the #1 reason is kids geting a cold #2 is stomach flu #3 is ear infection #4 is pinkeye and #5 is strep throat. Over 22 million school days kids miss because of those reasons. Wow!

Anonymous said...

UNO
UNO IS THE FIRST EVER TO WIN BEST IN SHOW AT THE WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB DOG SHOW. "UNO"MEANS "ONE" IN SPANISH. UNO BEAT OUT 2627 OTHERS TO BE NUMBER 1 SPOT. AND (UNO) IS PERFECT.

Anonymous said...

I think Time For Kids is interesting. I read the one called The Year Of The Rat because it tells so many things about the year of the rat. I wonder why the Lunar New Year is celebrated at the second new moon after the winter solstice? People who were born in 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984 or 1996 born in the year of the rat. People who born in one of those years, belive to be charming, clever, hard working and outgoing. In the Lunar New Year, more than one billion people get a bus to celebrate it with their family!

Anonymous said...

Many people, even some friends have argued that the U.S. started the war in Iraq, but I disagree. What do they call the destruction of the twin towers or the attack on the pentagon?

Anonymous said...

A Delicious Oscar Win Ratatouille!

I think that this article is very up beat and is very interesting to read. I think that Ratatouille is one of the greatist animated movies I've ever seen this year! I've seen Ratatouille more than 5 times at the movies! It is very clever and it goes very well with the year of the Rat!

Anonymous said...

I read about a very late bloomer which is the Tree that flowers once every 100 years. It looks like a Christmas tree!

Anonymous said...

I think they should stop the war because when the U.S stops the war the terrorist would stop too and i disagree with Cooper because even the 9/11 was caused by the iraqs terrorist America shouldn't of fought back.

gorgui said...

I love frog and that the first time who someone talk me about frog. One golden poison frog has enough poison to kill 20,000 mice.