One of our goals as learners this year is to become a more active reader to help us focus more on what it is we are reading and to improve our comprehension as a result. From the various strategies that you have learned thus far, what strategy do you feel is the most effective for you in improving your comprehension?
Click here to watch our active reading reflections on Teacher Tube.
Sunday, September 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I like to use the HUCCS method.
"I am best at visulising"
I like to use Visualizing because this is acuatualy it is also my favorite stategy.
My favorite active reading strategy is predicting because I like to guess what will happen.
When I do active reading I like to visualize & mark up the text (H.U.C.S.).
What do you like when you do active reading???
When I do active reading I enjoy marking up the text.
Marking up the text is highlighting, underlining, circling, and starring.
I feel that my best strategy for being an active reader is marking up the text. It helps me because I can focus on the important things in the text and it helps me understand what I am reading.
I think the most important part of the active reading is visualising.
The things I plan to do to become an active reader are using (HUCS), which is to highlight, underline, circle and star. The reason is, it helps me understand what I am reading.
My favorite thing to do is to visualize the text.
My favorite thing to do is to visualize the text.
I like visualizing because it can make the story more mysterious,adventurest,exciting,and freaky.
To me , peace looks like something wonderful because no one fights to each other or kill each other. It feels good because people share with each other and do things together with out fighting. For me peace is important because if not war will spread all over the world and we will all die because of the war and daisies. My action wood be not to do bad things so people would see what is peace Daniel Dominican Republic 4th
I think that safty is very very important to everybody. and that we should help by not to posting pictures of ourselves on the internet so everybody is safe and nothing bad will hapen to them. Do not forget to never in your life time to put personal information like email adresses,passport numbers and all of your other personal information online.
Post a Comment